- The recipient must be an active marching member of a unit who will compete in the 2018 DCI Summer Tour.
- The recipient must be a part of a percussion section in their respective corps.
- The recipient must meet the age requirements to march in the 2019 DCI Summer Tour.
- Each applicant must have their corps’ director sign off as an endorser.
- Previous recipients are not permitted to apply.
- Demonstrated passion to percussion and the marching activity.
- Personal achievements relating to percussion and the marching activity.
- Desire to continue participating in the marching arts.
Helping you achieve your goals as a percussionist
The Double Beat Percussion Scholarship was started in 2017 with a single award of $2500. This scholarship was started by a single drum corps alum who struggled to pay tour fees when he was marching, and we want to help people achieve their drum corps dreams by easing that struggle a little bit.
Past Winners2017: Colin Bildfell of The Academy
In partnership with Drum Corps International, the Double Beat Percussion Scholarship will be awarded to one member of a percussion section in a unit who will compete in the 2017 DCI Summer Tour. Application deadline is June 15th, 2018 and will be presented on August 10th, 2018. The winner can choose to have their award submitted to their 2018 or 2019 corps, or their school.