- The recipient must be an active marching member of a unit who will compete in the 2017 DCI Summer Tour.
- The recipient must be a part of a percussion section in their respective corps.
- The recipient must meet the age requirements to march in the 2018 DCI Summer Tour.
- Each applicant must have their corps’ director sign off as an endorser.
- Previous recipients are not permitted to apply.
- Demonstrated passion to percussion and the marching activity.
- Personal achievements relating to percussion and the marching activity.
- Desire to continue participating in the marching arts.
2017 applications are closed. The winner will be announced soon!
ALL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS WILL REMAIN CONFIDENTIAL
Helping you achieve your goals as a percussionist
The Double Beat Percussion Scholarship was started in 2017 (it’s our first year – yay!) with a single award of $2500. This scholarship was started by a single drum corps alum who struggled to pay tour fees when he was marching, and we want to help people achieve their drum corps dreams by easing that struggle a little bit.
In partnership with Drum Corps International, the Double Beat Percussion Scholarship will be awarded to one member of a percussion section in a unit who will compete in the 2017 DCI Summer Tour. Application deadline is June 1st, 2017 and will be presented on August 11th, 2017. The winner can choose to have their award submitted to their 2017 or 2018 corps.